Heinbro understands the impact the licensing process has on companies and thus we work closely with the relevant authority (SFC etc.) and clients to ensure the impact is minimal and dealt with expeditiously.
We can assist with the following specific matters:
1. Provide preliminary advice to management on the regulatory approval process and the types of Regulated Activity (“RA”) license(s) required;
2. Provide advice to management on the requirements for Responsible Officers (“ROs”) or similar mandatory positions;
3. Assist management with identifying and sourcing qualified ROs to join the firm;
4. Assist in identifying and capturing all the regulatory issues and hurdles that may arise during the application process;
5. Advise on the key areas considered by the regulatory authority in granting the RA license;
6. Preparation of documentation for submission to the regulatory authority. In this regard, we can make reference to the documentation which is currently available and tailor it to a standard acceptable by the regulatory authority;
7. Preparation of appropriate cover letters in support of the application with management in responding to the queries raised by the regulatory authority during its review of the application documents; and
8. Attend on behalf and/or accompany management to any meetings with the regulatory authority in order to discuss any issues and concerns arising from the approval process.